Monday, June 2, 2008

Happy 40th!

Here is to my parents who had their 40th wedding anniversary yesterday. Wow! What great role models we have. Matt's parents will celebrate their 39th in July. Mom and Dad came by to see me and the babies on their way home from visiting my brother Darrell in Dallas yesterday. We are so blessed to have them so close.

Today our neighborhood play date was canceled, and with Matt out of town we decided to load up again and head to Ruston. Much easier to travel in the morning as both babies slept pretty much the whole way.

OK, so tomorrow is the BIG day....mom's day out starts at our church and I have plans to leave BOTH of my children there from 9-1:45(only on Tuesdays and Thursdays) so I hope I can part with my dear daughter! I had no eating issues with Jake as he was around 21 pounds at 6 months. Landry on the other hand is another story:). She will only eat once while there, but can be difficult to feed!! I can take her out if she doesn't do well, but come August she will have to be in daycare full time, so this is her trial run!!! Hopefully I will enjoy the day and not worry the whole time, but I will probably worry the whole time. Jake LOVES it there and I know he will be thrilled to see all of his friends!!!

I will note that at the doctors office last week she weighed in at 14 pounds even and we just went to size 2 diapers-a sad day!! She will be 6 months on the 10th of June.

2 comments:

Jessica Stephenson said...

I hope Mother's Day Out is a success. It is few and far between when a mother gets some time to herself and I know that you deserve it! I can't wait to see more pics as the summer progresses!

Lora said...

Your Mom & Dad are so special. Didn't know that this was their
40th. Thanks for the update! I hope Mother's Day out is a success.