Monday, January 26, 2009

Boston and Bumblebees!


Do you remember the preschool song "I'm squishing up my baby bumblebee!" ? Jake absolutely loves to sing this song and Landry has started joining in on the action. Here Jake is responding to the part: "Owww, he stung me!" Thought this picture turned out darling. Thanks mom for sending it to me~
Excerpt from the Boston Marathon web page:
The Boston Marathon is the world's oldest annual marathon. In 2008 nearly 22,000 runners completed the race. Registration for the 2009 Boston Marathon will begin on September 3 at 9 a.m. (ET). The field will be limited to the first 25,000 entrants.

Now click on this LINK. Boston closed YESTERDAY. Yes, I have been twiddling my thumbs while mom told me every time I saw her,"You better register for Boston." And honestly I was just waiting until payday! From what I understand, Boston usually doesn't close until mid-February/early March. Mom said it may have to do with the Olympics being last last year. Don't know, but I called the Boston Athletic Association this morning since my name hadn't been posted on the entrants list yet( I registered Saturday night). The lady I spoke with said they were just waiting on verification of my time from the SA marathon and that I got in "just under the wire". Glad to see that this time was a happy story. Could have been disastrous with plane tickets and hotel reservations already made, although some refunds would have occurred-not 100%.

That's all.

3 comments:

Hannah Lee said...

Wow! I am so HAPPY that everything worked out! That would have been awful! I love that Bumblebee song! I will have to show Jackson it!

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Yay it's official!

Are you nervous?

Lora said...

OHHHHH, Your Mom would have been over the top if you hadn't gotten in. It was providental!