Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Memories and a New House

A friend of mine from high school posted this picture on facebook(which I am totally addicted to...there are so many people I have reconnected with...not just for teenagers!)and it brought back memories. Oh, the carefree days! We were in the eighth grade a this is a picture from one of many dances. Fun times:
Am I just a little happy???

We signed our life away again this morning and now we own 2 homes. Not to worry as Matt has reassured me we can afford both. It was cheaper to buy a home in Ruston than to rent one! Our mortgage will be cheaper than the normal $1000 month for a 3bd/2ba house, so I guess I feel good about that. Hopefully our home in Benton will sell within the next 6 months. then we might up size next summer, or not, who knows!

Life has been hectic and it won't let up anytime soon! I am continuing to hit the ground running(literally) in the morning, awaking at 4:45 to meet a buddy or buddies. Home by 6ish and have to be at work by 7:25. I am currently running 5 days a week and take Thursday and Sunday off. Last week I topped out at 40 miles, with our long run being 16. Then I have class on Tuesdays and another one on the internet. The kids don't allow us to slow down in the afternoons..actually Landry comes home and takes a nap but Jake is in full force. We plan to move our things into our new home this weekend. After I run 12 miles. But hey, I turn 30 in November and don't plan on slowing down anytime soon. So forgive me for not posting enough! Jake was a doll on Sunday morning and slept until 7:10....has not done this since May. Landry woke up at 6:45 but she will lay there and suck her fingers until I get her up. It allowed me to stay in bed until 7 as well...that was nice. Well, I just got home from class and need to get prepared for tomorrow. Happy Wednesday!!!!!! Almost over the hump.

6 comments:

Lora said...

There's enough make-up in that picture to start a small outlet store. NOTHING LIKE A JR HIGHER! I am VERY impressed with all of the running!

Just say Julie said...

I remember all those smiling faces. You are a superwoman!

Hannah Lee said...

Girl, be careful you are going to run those feet right off of your legs! Haha, just kidding, I know you can do it! Facebook is addictive, isn't it? Glad to see you guys got a new house!

BriGaal said...

Oh man and I'm complaining about getting up at 5:10am! You make me look bad! :) I am SO impressed with all the running you're doing. I haven't seen 40 miles in one week in probably 8 years now. And I still haven't run over 13.1 at once! Have a great week.

Jessica Stephenson said...

Congrats on the house! I know you'll be happy to have your own place here in Ruston!!

Mysti said...

I think that bow is bigger than my head. :) Congrats on the new house and signing on for the marathon! my 4 miles this morning sound pretty puny now.