I have a few things on my heart that I want to post quickly! The past month has been a furious rush with school starting and adjusting to the new transition of the school year, etc. This past week I hit a few lows and was reminded of God's faithfulness and wanted to share:
- Mondays are crazy with ballet and gymnastics and a dentist appt...Matt was in Bossier and I was trying to balance everything. Jennifer called me amidst all of this and told me she had cleaned out her closet and was sending Patrick over with clothes and shoes. She made my week!! I love when Jenn gives me her hand-me-downs AND I didn't have to spend a dime:). (OK, I admit, this may have not been God sent but I had to throw it in here!!)
- Tuesday was a rough day emotionally. Won't go into silly details but I was tired, the kids were hungry and tired and dinner didn't go as planned. After my pity party I was laying on the couch watching the news while the kids played. Well, Jake found a lizard that had somehow made its way into the living room. It made the kid's night....and mine as well. Totally changed the mood for the entire evening as we made a "home" for it and talked about what it liked to eat and do. Small blessing but very big at the time:).
- Wednesday Jake found his costume waiting for him on the doorstep when we arrived home from school. He was in Buzz Light Year HEAVEN! He insisted on playing outside in full gear and in superhero mode for an hour. Again God reminded me of how fast these years are going by. Thank you for my Buzz Light Year!
- This morning I woke up exhausted for my run and as I always do, check my e-mail. My college roommate and sorority sister had sent me the sweetest message about inspiration. Thank you Lord for friends.
- And tonight after Jake got out of the bath tub he gave me a big hug and said, "Mommy, you're my best friend." I have no words for that.